Journeyworker Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree is a 60 credit degree designed for individuals seeking academic recognition for the completion of a registered apprenticeship. It is intended to support lifelong learning and accelerate the achievement of individual career goals.
Degree Completion Requirements
- Possess a Wisconsin Apprenticeship Completion Certificate issued by the Department of Workforce Development-Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards registered program which includes a minimum of 400 hours of prescribed apprentice related technical instruction in the Wisconsin Technical College System.
- Complete all prescribed WTCS apprentice related technical instruction. Possession of the DWD-BAS Wisconsin Apprenticeship Completion Certificate AND successful completion of all prescribed coursework fulfills the 39 credit minimum technical studies requirement of the Technical Studies – Journeyworker Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Meet the WTCS Associate of Applied Science Degree requirement for a minimum of 21 credits of General Education distributed across the following categories:
- Communications - 6 credits
- Social Science - 3 credits
- Behavioral Science - 3 credits
- Math and/or Science - 3 credits
- Additional General Education - 6 credits
- Complete at least 25% of the total program credits through coursework undertaken at the technical college granting the AAS degree and meet any institutional graduation requirements.
Transferability of the Technical Studies portion of this 60 credit AAS degree to four year institutions will be based on the accepting institution’s policies.
At the completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Set up and operate equipment or systems to ensure reliable performance.
- Install, remove, and relocate equipment and systems as directed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and update manufacturing equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Perform safety inspection.
- Select and order required parts and materials using parts list, catalogs, and standard books
- Associate degree, requiring a minimum of two years to complete.
- Day and evening classes.
- Financial aid available.
- Classes start in August.
Program Admission Requirements
- Submit Wisconsin Apprenticeship Completion Certificate
- Complete the application form.
- Complete an admissions interview
- Complete admission testing (TABE #9)
- Pay a $30 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit an application listing Journey Worker under program/major choice
Please contact Student Services at 800.362.3322, Ext. 2354, or email email@example.com for current fee information.
A Program Fee list is provided (please note the costs are approximate and based on the current academic year).
Print This Page | Request More Info