Online Support Services
Requirements and expectations for an online students.
Access to the Southwest Tech Online Bookstore.
The above link will take you to the Financial Aid website. If you have a specific question please click on this link to send an e-mail to Southwest Tech’s Financial Aid Office. Ask questions or request information. Financial aid may be available to you... please contact us to find out.
Refund, waiting list/late registration and graduation policies.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College has a Support Services Specialist who reviews all requests for accommodations from students with disabilities. Students with disabilities, who need accommodations, must contact the Office of the Support Services Specialist, Building 100, Room 108, 800.362.3322, extension 2631, or TTY/TDD 608.822.2072 or e-mail email@example.com and complete a Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
How do I apply for an accommodation?
- Step 1: Contact the Support Service Specialist at the e-mail address above or via phone/TDD.
- Step 2: Complete the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form and send appropriate documentation of your disability.
E-mail Accounts for Students (TechMail):
- Type this URL: www.swtc.edu — look for Student E-mail in the upper right hand corner.
- You will then be prompted to enter your login name and password.
- Your login name will be the first three letters of your last name and the last four numbers of your student ID. Example: doe4567
- Your password is your student ID#, which can be found on your student ID card.
- Your login name and password will be entered in all lowercase letters. Example: doe4567
- If you do not have a password, you must activate your account by clicking the My SWTC button. THen choose Activate/Reset password.
Click on the above link if you would like to request additional information.
FAQs: Click here to see the frequently asked questions and answers about online learning at SWTC.
Study Skills Course: Prepare yourself to succeed in your studies. If you are returning to school after a few years away, or if you struggled as a student, then this course is for you. You can take it completely online or come into the Academic Success Center (ASC) to work. Clicking on this link will allow you to send an e-mail directly to Cindy Albrecht, the instructor for this course.
Library Services: Click on this link to access SWTC’s online library: eBrary. eBrary provides 24-hour online access to over 47,000 resources.
TechConnect: Click here if you are looking for employment in your field. This resource connects Wisconsin Technical College students and graduates to employers.
SkillsTutor: An online program designed to improve student academic achievement. Practice your skills on your own in this computer-based program. Click on this link to contact Beth Cummins who will get you started.
Math/Science Tutorials: A comprehensive look at math and science applications that can answer many of your questions. There is something useful for everyone!
Writing Resources: Located on this page are many resources for help with writing assignments you might have at SWTC. These are general guides which may or may not apply to your specific assignment.
Software Downloads: This page contains several links to software applications that you may want/need to download to view or use content created in your online courses. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you find a link that is broken.