Nursing & Allied Health Autotutorial Lab (ATL)
The Nursing and Health Occupations Autotutorial Lab (ATL) is a valuable resource center for students enrolled in nursing or allied-health programs at Southwest Tech to enhance classroom learning. The ATL is equipped to accommodate auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learning styles and is staffed with an assistant who helps students locate resources and maintains an environment conducive to learning. Nursing students are required to utilize resources in the ATL lab as part of their nursing courses.
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, based on academic calendar
- Resource textbooks (Nursing and Allied Health)
- Computer simulations / CD ROMs – such as Adams Software
- Computerized test banks
- Nursing articles from professional journals (47 health occupations related journals located in the Main library)
- Reference materials – pamphlets, brochures
- Medical dictionaries, PDR’s, etc.
- Guidelines for APA format
- Approx. 15 computer workstations
- Copy machine