Open Computer Labs
Southwest Tech has multiple computer labs that are available to district residents at scheduled times during the week. The labs are conveniently located in the Koenecke Building (Bldg. 200) on the Fennimore campus.
Other computers available to the public are located in the Southwest Tech library. Please click on the library web page for hours of operation.
Koenecke Building (Bldg 200) Room 227
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday evenings until 7:30 p.m.
- 40 Pentium 4 - 3.0GHz (1 GB RAM)*
- 1 Laser Printer
- 1 Xerox Phaser 8200DP Color Printer
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Office 2003 (includes Publisher 2003)
- FrontPage 2003
- Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Maxthon
- Keyboarding Pro 4.0
- Peachtree Accounting (Educational Version)
- QuickBooks Professional
- Skills Assessment Manager (SAM) Testing software
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET
- SQL Enterprise Manager and IIS
- Visio Professional 2003
- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition
- Adobe Acrobat
Services and Software Available to Students!
- Lab Assistants are available to help students and staff during the hours of 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, and on Tuesday and Thursday nights until 7:30 pm.
- Laptops are available for overnight checkout for students in the Business Division programs.
- Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition is available for students and staff members to install at home.
- Application software is available for purchase at a reduced price for students through the www.wisc.edu/wisc website.
- Southwest Tech is a member of the Microsoft Academic Alliance that provides students in our Information Technology Programs the opportunity to check out a variety of Microsoft operating system, server operating systems, development tools, and some applications (Office is NOT included) at NO charge while they are an enrolled student at SWTC.
OPEN LAB—OPEN DOORS
Are you missing the opportunity for a promotion because you lack computer software skills? Would you like to use more information technology to manage your own business? Would you like to keep up with your children and be able to help them with their computer homework?
Whatever your reason for wanting to increase your computer skills Southwest Tech's open lab classes can help you. We offer a wide variety of courses in an open lab setting. You can start a class at any time and simply must complete it within the semester in which you enroll. An instructor is available to you on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and after your initial orientation with the instructor, you may continue to work in the open lab during operating hours. Or you can choose to work at home, at the office, at your local library, or anyplace else where you have access to the software you are learning. You don't have to return to the open lab until you are ready for final testing.
Join us to learn basic keyboarding, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or PowerPoint. Classes are never cancelled because of low enrollment.
608.822.2420 or 800.362.3322, extension 2420