Certified Nursing Assistant - Skilled
Learn More >
This course offers students who have completed the Nursing Assistant-Basic course additional knowledge and skills that are hospital oriented. Students will learn about the services hospitals offer and the role of the nursing assistant as a member of the hospital team in caring for patients of all ages that require surgery, or acute medical, palliative or hospice care. The student will demonstrate knowledge and skill related to infection control practices, accurate documentation, measuring blood pressure and apical pulse, and learn about various types of medical supplies and equipment used in the care of patients. Students are provided the opportunity to practice skills in the lab setting. Assigned clinical hours offer students the opportunity for knowledge and skill application.
In addition to the outcomes related to the 120-Hour Basic Nursing Assistant course, students who successfully complete the 60-Hour Skilled Nursing Assistant course will:
- Practice within the legal/ethical role of a nursing assistant in hospital setting.
- Safely perform the basic nursing skills usually assigned to the nursing assistant working in a hospital setting.
- Technical certificate as a Skilled Nursing Assistant after 60 hours of training.
- Hospital clinical component.
Course Admission Requirements
- Students must have successfully completed 120-Hour Basic Nursing Assistant course prior to enrolling in 60-Hour Skilled Nursing Assistant course.
- All other admission requirements as set forth under the 120-Hour Basic Nursing Assistant course.
This program is not eligible for financial aid.
Please contact Student Services at 800.362.3322, Ext. 2354, or email email@example.com for current fee information.
A Program Fee list is provided (please note the costs are approximate and based on the current academic year).
Print This Page | Request More Info