Is This Program for You?
Are you passionate about food, and do you have a strong sense of business savvy? Would you like to combine the two for a rewarding career in the food service industry? Culinary Management may be just the career you’ve been searching for.
Students entering the Culinary Management program should:
- Desire a good paying, hospitality management job with a secure future.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Apply creative thinking skills.
- Possess above average reading and math skills.
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Associate degree, requiring a minimum of two years to complete.
- Day classes.
- Financial aid available.
- Special equipment and uniforms required.
- Advance standing and Pro-Start credits accepted.
- Students must achieve a grade of C in all core (317) courses to progress to the next semester and to graduate. Students must be 18 years old to operate a slicer and a 20-quart mixer.
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Analyze food service financial information.
- Apply principles of safety and sanitation in food service operations.
- Plan menus.
- Manage food service operations.
- Demonstrate culinary skills.
- Apply principles of nutrition.
- Relate food service operations to sustainability.
Graduates are qualified for management positions in many areas of the hospitality industry, including opportunities in hotels, restaurants, casinos, catering, and many more. Graduates will possess skills needed to own and operate their own businesses.
Career Pathways offer new ways to achieve your education goals. Instead of studying just one program, the Career Pathways model links related academic programs in a sequence. Each program offers direct job preparation AND a path to the next higher academic program. Learn More