The Associate of Arts degree provides a concentration on social sciences and humanities. It also provides a foundation if you intend to continue your education at a baccalaureate degree granting college or university. It does this by offering Liberal Arts courses equal to those found in the first two years of a four-year degree.
By completing this degree, you have the benefit of a degree-to-degree transfer, where universities grant junior status and waive specific lower division requirements. These may include general degree requirements and individual courses taken at Southwest Tech.
To Southwest Tech
If you previously attended another college or university, you may be able to transfer credits towards your Associate of Arts degree.
Transfer Southwest Tech Credits
To A University
Students can transfer individual courses, or their completed University Transfer Associate of Arts degree.
Affordable and Close to Home
Students enrolled in Associate of Arts program courses can save thousands of dollars by taking classes at a significantly lower cost per credit!
Diverse Educational Paths
Associate of Arts graduates go on to earn bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in a wide variety of disciplines:
- Business (management, marketing, human resources, accounting, finance, economics)
- Communication (English, journalism, mass media)
- Education (early childhood, elementary, secondary, physical)
- Fine Arts (art, music, theatre)
- International Studies
- Public Relations
- Social Sciences (psychology, sociology, social work, geography, geology, political science)
Is Associate Of Arts For You?
If you are interested in earning a bachelor’s degree and want the convenience of Southwest Tech’s small class sizes, one-on-one attention, and want to save thousands of dollars by taking classes close to home, the Associate of Arts degree may be a great fit for you.
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application
- Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech (email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809)
- Submit your ACT scores or schedule a TABE assessment
- Schedule Admissions Meeting
Associate of Arts Requirements (Social Sciences and Humanities)
English (6 credits):
- English Compostition I
- English Compostition II
Speech (3 credits):
Humanities (12 credits):
- Courses may include: art, journalism/writing, history, literature, music, philosophy, theatre/film, world language
Social Science (12 credits):
- Courses may include: anthropology, economics, political science, history, psychology, geography, sociology
Mathematics & Natural Sciences (10 credits):
- Students minimally complete Statistics or Quantitative Reasoning
- Courses may include: biology, chemistry, geography, geology, and physics.
- May be met with 1 year high school (C or better) or 1 college semester.
Health/Wellness/PE (1 credit)
Electives (16 credits)
- Select any college transfer courses beyond the minimum requirements.
Current students: see our collaborative program for University Transfer Liberal Arts in partnership with Nicolet College.