The Tailwind test is given to students entering the Liberal Arts program.
Scheduling an Appointment
For the fall semester, testing will be on the following dates. Test times will be at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 24th
- Tuesday, October 19th
- Wednesday, November 10th
- Thursday, December 9th
Payments for placement tests are due when the appointment is made. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call the testing center as soon as possible. If students do not notify the testing center at least 30 minutes before their appointment, they will forfeit their testing fee. Payments can be made over the phone using a credit or debit card; online registration payments can be made with a credit or debit card.
- A valid photo I.D. is required for testing.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing center.
- Personal belongings are not allowed in testing rooms, locked bags are available.
Tailwind- Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of test is it?
- Tailwind is a computer based test that covers math and English (Spanish optional).
- What does the test cover and can I prepare for the test?
- Southwest Tech students will take the English and Math Placement Test (Spanish optional). Sample questions can be found at http://www.castleworldwide.com/cww/take-a-sample-test.
- How long does the testing take?
- Students are given 90 minutes for each test (math and English).
- Is there a charge for testing?
- The Tailwind test costs $20.
- Do I need to bring anything for testing?
- A valid photo I.D. is required for testing. Pencils and scratch paper are furnished for testing. An online calculator is available for questions where it is allowed.
- When will I find out what my test scores are?
- Students will receive their preliminary scores immediately and will need to schedule an appointment with their Advisor to review them. Appointments to meet with an advisor can be made by calling Student Services at 608.822.2354.
- What if I need accommodations for testing?
- Students who need accommodations should contact the office of the Disability Services Specialist: Knox Learning Center, 608.822.2631, TTY/TDD 608.822.2072, or e-mail email@example.com.
- What if I need to take a placement test, but do not live close to campus?
- Contact the Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.822.2313 to make arrangements for testing at a location closer to you.