Degrees / Certifications:
- Diploma in Nursery Nursing - 1978
- Diploma in Midwifery - 1981
- Certificate in Midwifery - 1994
- Certified Professional Midwife - 1995
Professional Organizations / Associations:
- National Nursery Examination Board, UK
- Harrow College of Technology and Art, London, England
- Central Midwives Board, UK
- Barnett College of Nursing and Midwifery, London, England
- School of Complementary Medicine, Oviedo, Florida
- North American Registry of Midwives (NARM)
Faculty Information / Personal Note:Jennie Joseph, a British-trained midwife and women’s health advocate, moved to the United States in 1989 and began a journey that has culminated in the formation of an innovative maternal child health care system, TheJJ Way®. (http://www.commonsensechildbirth.org/jjway/)Jennie has worked extensively in European hospitals, American birth centers, clinics, and home birth environments. Jennie has been instrumental in the regulation of Florida midwives since the 1990s and has been involved in midwifery education since 1995.
Commonsense Childbirth Inc. and the Midwifery Program at Southwest Wisconsin Technical College collaborate to provide access to Florida students through co-enrollment between the two institutions.