The Individualized Technical Students program allows students to combine courses from two or more major areas of study into an Associate of Applied Science Degree that meets specific career preparation goals not available in other Southwest Tech programs. Students begin by completing a program plan that outlines career objectives, and the courses needed to meet those objectives.
Is This Program for You?
If you have a career goal in mind and haven't found the right program to help you prepare for it, the Individualized Technical Studies program could be what you're looking for. Check out the Individualized Technical Studies Guide to find out more about the program.
- Associate degree, requiring two years or more to complete.
- High school articulation courses accepted.
- Financial aid available to those who qualify.
- Classes start in August and January.
- Curriculum & Costs
The following courses and credits are needed to earn a degree in this program. Actual number of courses and credits may vary based on individual needs. General Studies courses will be planned with occupational advisor and program dean.
General Studies Core Communications 6 credits Social Science 3 credits Behavioral Science 3 credits Mathematics / Science 3 credits Additional General Education (from any category above) 6-15 credits Total 21-30 credits
Individualized Technical Studies Core 40
Program Emphasis (minimum of 20 credits from one area)
Total Program Credits 60-70
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Accuplacer or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Please discuss estimated cost with your program advisor.