Are you coming to Southwest Tech with credit from another college, from high school, or from previous work and life experience? We have the transfer options you need!
- Become A Charger
Apply for an Associate's Degree, Technical Diploma, or Certificate.
- Earn Southwest Tech Credit in High School
Youth Options, Advanced Standing, Transcripted Credit, Advanced Placement
- Transfer Credit from Another College or the Military
Request a transfer credit evaluation (Transfer of Credits Policy )
- Earn Credit for What you Already Know
Receive credit for learning through work or life experience
- Earn Your Bachelor's Degree
Southwest Tech has created partnerships with local colleges and universities that enable our graduates to pursue their educational and career goals.
Transfer of Credits
To transfer credits to another learning institution, students must satisfy the course, credit, and grade requirements of that institution, which has sole discretion to accept or deny transfer credits. Students who are enrolled in or have graduated from a Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) institution and who wish to continue their education in the University of Wisconsin (UW) System may be eligible to transfer credits toward their bachelor’s degree in the following ways:
- WTCS students may be eligible to transfer up to 15 credits of general education coursework.
- Students who have earned an associate of applied arts or an associate of applied science degree may be eligible to transfer certain technical support and/or occupational credits when a direct relationship exists between a particular WTCS degree program and the desired program at a particular UW System institution.
- Students transferring from the WTCS may earn credit by achieving appropriate scores on national standardized examinations [e.g., College Level Examination program (CLEP)] or on exams developed by the UW System transfer institution.
For more information about transfer opportunities, Southwest Tech students should consult with a counselor in Student Services, the admissions office at a UW System institution, or visit the Transfer Information System (TIS) web site at Visit the UW - Transfer Information System.