Official transcripts are maintained in Student Services. Many educational facilities and employers request official transcripts to verify education. Official transcripts are generally sent directly from Southwest Tech to the entity requesting your transcript.
Official transcript requests will only be held in our ordering system for 30 days. Be sure that you are prepared to have it processed and sent within the following 30 days of placing an order. Transcripts requests that are waiting for grades to be posted or degrees to be awarded should not be placed more than 15 days prior to the end of your course(s) or end of term. After 30 days, orders are cancelled automatically.
To request your official transcript.
Unofficial transcripts are usually not accepted as an official record of your educational background. However, current students are encouraged to review their unofficial transcripts periodically to ensure that all courses, credits, and grades for work completed are properly recorded, as well as to know the progress being made toward completion of graduation requirements.
Steps for accessing your unofficial transcript:
1. Log into your MySWTC account.
- If it has been longer than 2 semesters since you've last accessed your portal, prior to logging in, please use the "New Student" button on the log-in screen to reactivate and reset your password.
- In the menu bar on the left-hand side under "Administrative Services", click on "My Transcript".
- Your unofficial transcript will load. If you would like to print it, click on the printer icon.
2. Unofficial transcripts prior to 1985 may not be available in your student portal and must be requested through our office. To request a copy, send an email to email@example.com, include the following information:
- Name (First, MI, Last)
- Former Name
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of SSN
- Student ID
- Approximate dates of attendance
- Email or mailing address to send transcript
Requests must be submitted to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) state office.
To request your GED/HSED transcript, visit the DPI website or call 608.267.9245.