Welcome to Southwest Tech Foundation's online Scholarship Application!
The 2017-18 new and continuing scholarship application is open now and will close on March 31, 2017.
The Southwest Tech Foundation is proud to offer scholarship opportunities to all current and incoming students in good academic standing that are enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits per semester. See our Scholarship Listings page for a complete list of scholarships available to Southwest Tech students.
Students with a documentable disability who are enrolled in less than 6 credits must have a plan on file with Support Services.
Completed applications will consist of the following items:
- A completed online Scholarship Application.
- Two completed online recommendation forms from a reference not related to the applicant, such as a past teacher, current teacher, or employer.
Please click the "Apply Now" button to begin the application.
Supporting Materials Required with Application
- Two Scholarship Recommendation Forms are required:
- Forms are completed online and will automatically return to the Foundation office once submitted.
- Completed forms must be from someone not related to the applicant.
- Only two forms will be accepted. If more than two forms are submitted, only the first two received will be accepted.
- Students applying for the Child Care Scholarship must complete the Child Care Certification Form.
PLEASE NOTE: Section three of the application requires you to answer three short essay questions. It is highly recommended that you prepare these answers prior to starting the application. Those questions are as follows:
- Leadership Activities: Please list school, professional, or civic activities you were or are currently involved in.
- Career Objectives: How does attending Southwest Tech help further your career goals?
- Financial Need: Please explain your financial need. Include employment situation and any special circumstances.
In 2016-2017 the Southwest Tech Foundation proudly awarded 275 scholarships valuing $165,945.
We have created the 22nd Annual Scholarship Reception publication that lists all scholarships given out this past year.
Earn Extra Money and Help Southwest Tech
Join the Southwest Tech Foundation Call Center Team. We are looking for friendly, professional students to call alumni and friends to raise funds for scholarships and student programs.
- Develop professional skills
- Great resume builder
- Earn $8.50/hour! AND Nightly Cash Bonuses!!!
Fill out and return the Call Center Job Application.
* Denotes required fields.
Following is a list of items related to the criteria of some scholarships. Please check and fill in all that apply.
Facility provider name (not a family member):
Please complete the Child Care Certification Form
(This form must be printed, filled out and returned to the Foundation office.)
Please answer the following narrative questions. These questions account for 70% of the overall application score.
* Please list school, professional, or civic activities you were or are currently involved in.
* Rate Your Leadership Skills. 1 - Poor | 5 - Best
* What are your career goals and how does attending Southwest Tech help further your goals?
* Please explain your financial need. Include employment situation and any special circumstances.
* I give my permission to the Southwest Tech Foundation to release the scholarship information, general information from above, and my photograph to scholarship donors, and for usage in other promotional purpose.
Please review the information you entered and make any changes needed by clicking the Previous button.
Personal & Program Information
By clicking the "Sign and Submit" button below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. Further, I authorize Southwest Tech to release a transcript of my secondary school record and any other pertinent information to the Southwest Tech Foundation. This application and supporting documents become the property of Southwest Tech.
By signing below I authorize my selected references to furnish the Foundation with any and all information in connection with my scholarship application.
You need to electronically "sign" the application.
First, we need your name. Next we need your birthdate.