Serving Those Who Serve
Southwest Tech is committed to providing services to our students who are veterans. Through a combination of tuition assistance, networking opportunities, and additional support services we hope to ensure their success.
Priority Registration for Veterans
Southwest Tech gives priority registration to veterans and service members each semester. For specific dates, see the Registration page.
Priority Registration for Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) Grant Participants
Southwest Tech gives priority registration to its TAA CCCT programs:
- Supply Chain Management
- Computer Support Technician
- Network Communications Specialist
- Laboratory Science Technician
This applies to veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. An eligible spouse is defined as a person who is the spouse of:
- Any person who died of a service connected disability;
- Any member of the Armed Forces serving on active duty who, at the time of application for the priority, is listed in one or more of the following categories and has been so listed for a total of more than 90 days:
- missing in action;
- captured in line of duty by a hostile force; or
- forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power;
- Any veteran who has a total disability resulting from a service-connected disability, as evaluated by the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Any veteran who died while a disability, so evaluated was in existence.