The Testing Center closed until further notice. No tests can be scheduled at this time. If you would like to be contacted when scheduling is opened, please complete this form.
Important Information about GED/HSED Testing
The GED assessment continues to provide students the opportunity to earn a high school credential, but goes further by measuring career- and college-readiness skills that are the focus of today's curriculum and tomorrow's success.
The GED® Test Specifications
- Tests are administered in English and Spanish
- Students can test three times on the same subject without waiting. After the third attempt, there is a 60-day waiting period before trying again.
- Tests are delivered on computer (not online). Paper testing only available as an accommodation.
The GED® Test consists of four content areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA) (150 minutes)
- Mathematical Reasoning (115 minutes)
- Science (90 minutes)
- Social Studies (90 minutes)
Tests consist of 7 different item types:
- Extended response
- Hot spot
- Multiple choice
- Short answer
To learn more about the test, visit the GED Testing Service website.