All Classes Have Resumed. In-Person Courses Are Being Taught Online Until Further Notice. STUDENTS SHOULD CHECK SCHOOLOGY FOR DETAILS.
Degrees / Certifications:
- AA –Administrative Assistant, May 1998
- Certified Firefighter II
- Emergency Services Instructor
- Fire Services Instructor
- Hazmat Technician
- Confined Space Technician
- Rope Rescue Team
Professional Organizations / Associations:
- Grant County Firefighters Association
- Wisconsin EMS Association
- Wisconsin Fire Instructors Association
- Industrial Occupations:
- Assist instructors with designing, facilitating, and revising activities that promote optimum student learning.
- Assist with providing applications based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
- Maintain orders and inventory of equipment and teaching supplies
- Campus Safety Compliance:
- Conduct Safety audits to identify pre-failure conditions; recommend preventive and corrective measures. Follow up with affected areas to ensure that these measures are put in place and maintained
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve work practices in operational and academic areas.
- I coordination with the Director of Facilities, manage the District's environmental management program including compliance with hazardous waste regulations and infectious waste disposal guidelines.
- Conduct appropriate safety-related training for all staff.
- Develop and manage training needs assessment to ensure compliance with state and local training requirements.
- Maintain District compliance with standards established by the EPA, DNR, ADA, OSHA and other regulatory agencies. Complete all reporting requirements.
- Work with Director of Facilities to develop and update all safety procedures, notices, alerts, bulletins and appropriate training materials.
- Platteville Fire Department, Safety Officer / Training Officer
- Platteville Emergency Medical Service, Crew Chief / EMS Instructor