Is This Program for You?
Are you a problem solver who is good with machines and tools? Have you been told that you have a good eye for detail and that you are a creative thinker? A career in Precision Machining may be a great fit.
Students entering the Precision Machining Technology program should:
- Have good reading and math skills.
- Have good hand-eye coordination.
- Pay attention to details and neatness.
- Have a mechanical aptitude.
- Enjoy researching technical information.
- Have good communication skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Think creatively.
- Technical diploma
- Classes are offered daytime, face to face, and on campus
- Fall start
- Credit for prior learning may be available
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Compass or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
Helpful Academic Background
- Math and science
- Written and oral communications
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
Students must have eye wear protection (safety glasses with side shields or wrap around safety glasses over prescription glasses) and must meet OSHA Z87.1 or greater while they are conducting operations that are deemed hazardous in nature. These glasses can be purchased at the College Bookstore.