The Criminal Justice Studies program provides training in protecting lives and property, as well as preserving the peace while upholding the law. As a student in the Criminal Justice Studies program, you will learn
- Patrol procedures for residential, commercial, and industrial areas
- Monitor traffic for safe and legal operations
- How to properly issue warnings, citations, and make arrests
- How to investigate accident and crime scenes
- How to carry out long-term investigations leading to the prosecution of criminal offenders
- Strategies to maintain the confidence of the public by displaying professional conduct
Graduates of this degree may need to have further training to enter certain Law Enforcement fields. Talk to your advisor about careers you may be interested in.