200-Hour Jail Academy starts May 18, 2020.
In the 200-Hour Jail Academy you will learn:
- Key concepts and requirements underlying county jail operations and an introduction to the role of the jail officer as a corrections professional.
- Issues covered include the purposes and goals for county jails, and the role of state and national standards for jail operations.
- The professional responsibilities of a jail officer.
This course will also feature an overview of the curriculum and premises of the basic jail officer training course. This 5-week course is open to both pre-service and hired jail officers and is offered one time per year during the summer.
Application Deadline: February 7, 2020
- Mandatory Interview: February 2020 (exact date TBD) at Southwest Tech's Public Safety Complex, Room 2008 in Fennimore. Registration will open soon for your time slot of choice.
- Mandatory Academy Orientation: TBD
- Academy Start Date: May 18, 2020
- Academy End Date: June 23, 2020 (tentative)
The Academy is scheduled to run 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
Please verify that you have met the following minimum qualifications as set forth in Wisconsin State Statute and Chapter LES 2, of Wisconsin Administrative Code:
- I am or will be at least 18 years of age by the completion of training.
- I possess a general educational development diploma or am a high school graduate who has completed a secondary education program through a public school, private school, an equivalency diploma program, or home education program within the United States or its territories.
- I have not been convicted of a federal felony, or of any offense which if committed in Wisconsin could be punished as a felony.
If you have any questions regarding the Academy and the application process, contact Kris Wubben, Academy Director, at 608.822.2706 or email@example.com. For more detailed information, view the 200 Jail Academy Learning Objectives document, created by the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
(For informational purposes only)
- Application for Enrollment (DJ-LE-327)
- Student Authorization for Release of Information (DJ-LE-310)
- WI Criminal History Record Request (DJ-LE-250)
- Medical Assessment (DJ-LE-332)
- Transcript Requirements (High School)
- Birth Certificate (DJ-LE-322)
- Jail Officer Code Of Ethics
- Professional History Report