Is This Program for You?
Do you enjoy animals and agriculture? Do you work well independently, as well as in a team setting? Are you a problem solver, analytical thinker, and a strong communicator? If so, the Agribusiness Science & Technology – Animal Science program may be a great fit for you.
Students entering the Agribusiness, Science & Technology - Animal Science program should:
- Enjoy science and mathematics.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Be willing to try new and innovative ideas.
- Have a good understanding of agriculture.
- Enjoy science and mathematics.
- Associate degree - requiring a minimum of two years to complete
- Classes are offered daytime, face to face, and on campus
- Fall or Spring Start
- Financial aid available
- Credit for prior learning may be available
- High school articulation courses accepted
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Accuplacer or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
Helpful Academic Background
- High school agriculture
- Communication skills
- Math courses
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
Students must have eye wear protection (safety glasses with side shields or wrap around safety glasses over prescription glasses) and must meet OSHA Z87.1 or greater while they are conducting operations that are deemed hazardous in nature. These glasses can be purchased at the College Bookstore.
At the completion of this program, students are expected to be able to:
- Create a livestock Management Plan
- Analyze opportunities in Agriculture
- Apply Relevant Technology
- Demonstrate professionalism skills within the agricultural career areas
- Develop a management plan in agriculture
Graduates obtain positions in a wide variety of specialty areas, and there is a vast amount of potential for those who have mid-management or upper-management career aspirations. The demand in this field is expected to remain high for several years in such jobs as:
- Herds Person for Livestock operations
- Reproductive Specialist
- A.I. Technician
- Feed Sales
- Milk Quality and Meat Quality Specialist
- Livestock Care Specialist
Southwest Tech's Career Connections Center offers Services to assist students looking for job placement.
Credit for Prior Learning
Experience Pays! You've Been There... You've Done That... Let's See If You Can Get Credit For It!
Credit for prior learning gives you opportunities to earn credit for college-level knowledge that you have already acquired. This may be the result of work or volunteer experiences, certifications, apprenticeships, military training, extensive self-instruction, or professional development. Credit for Prior Learning affords you the opportunity to accelerate the completion of your educational goals.
For more information or to request Credit for Prior Learning see our Credit for Prior Learning page.
Agribusiness Science & Technology - Animal Science Courses that may have Credit for Prior Learning options: