Is This Program for You?
Have you been told that you have creative and visualization skills? Do you enjoy analyzing design decisions and often think it could have been done better? If you are attracted to the design elements of color, type, shape, illustration, and layout, then creating web sites and print-ready design solutions can be a very satisfying career choice.
Students entering the Graphic & Web Design program should:
- Enjoy working in a computer-based environment using multiple software packages.
- Possess analytical and creative ability.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Understand how to access and document complex information.
- Possess good customer relation skills.
- Be willing to make decisions and solve problems.
- Continuously update graphic and web design knowledge.
- Enjoy organizing, planning and prioritizing work.
- Associate degree, requiring two years or more to complete
- Combination of face to face and online classes
- High school articulation courses accepted
- Financial aid available to students who qualify
- Classes start in August and January
- Modified plan available
- Program articulation with UW-Platteville in progress
- Student laptops are included in this program
Admission and Program Requirements
- Submit Application and $30 Application Fee
- To make sure your classes are the right fit, we consider any previous college credit you've earned, Compass or ACT scores, high school GPA, or an assessment at your registration session. Submit High School Transcripts, College Transcripts, and Test Scores to: Southwest Tech, Attn: Admissions, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809
Helpful Academic Background
- Work experience with computer design program software
- Background in computer applications and computer concepts
- Keyboarding skills
- Good communication and writing abilities
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Estimated cost for each semester can be found under the Curriculum tab. Please note that costs are approximate and are based on the current academic year.
- Please discuss additional fee questions with the program advisor or instructor.
The student laptops are required for the course. The fee is included in financial aid.
At the completion of the program, students are expected to be able to:
- Apply the principles of design to develop strategic marketing and communication products and services
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of design software, tools and technology
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion using a formal process
- Apply effective legal and ethical business practices and project management skills
- Communicate artwork rationale in formal and informal settings
Technical Skill Attainment (TSA)
This TSA scoring guide
will be used to document your attainment of technical program outcomes for the Graphic & Web Design Degree.
To meet the requirements on the scoring guide, you will be asked to draw upon the skills and concepts that have been developed
throughout the program and are necessary for successful employment in your field. Results will be used to inspire continual
improvement of teaching and learning in Wisconsin Technical College System. In addition, this assessment will provide feedback to
you about your performance.
The combination of Web and graphic design curriculum in this degree prepares graduates to work for businesses that require support in both graphic and web design areas as a graphic designer and desktop publisher.